The Kastamonu Medical journal is currently indexed by the Index Copernicus International. The Turkish University Board (UAK) Equivalency: 1b [Original research article published in journals scanned by international field indexes (included in indices other than the ones mentioned in 1a) - 10 POINTS].
Article Writing Rules
Manuscripts are double-spaced with Microsoft Word, and title titles (Abstract, Abstract, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, References, etc.) are written in 12 pt. 2.5 cm space should be written at the top and bottom. The writing style should be Times New Roman. “System International” (SI) units should be used. Figures, tables and graphs should be referenced in the text. Abbreviations should be given in parentheses where the word first appears. A dot (55.78) should be used in manuscripts. Review should not exceed 4000 words, research articles 2500, case reports 1500, letters to the editor should not exceed 500 words. Pages should be numbered from the abstract page.
Sections of Manuscript
1. Presentation to the Editor
This is the article that the author of the article sends to the editor of the journal. In this section, it should be noted that part or all of the article is not published elsewhere and is not in the process of being evaluated in another journal at the same time, Material Support and Interest Relationship” status, language and statistical checks are made.
2. Title Page
The category of the article submitted at the beginning of the page should be indicated (clinical analysis, research article, experimental study, case report, review, etc.). The names and surnames of all authors should be numbered after the superscript and numbered from 1, and they should be added under the names of the institutions, clinics, cities and countries. On the title page, each author's Orcid ID should be his / her e-mail address. This page should include the Authorized Author (s), name, full address, telephone and e-mail (address information should be indicated in English). Oral or Poster presentations presented at congresses should be indicated on the title page by giving the name, place and date of the congress.
3. Article File
There should be no names of authors and institutions, only this information should be on the title page).
Title: There should be a short and clear title. It should not contain abbreviations and should be written in English.
Abstract: In research articles; It should be divided into sections of Aim, Material, Method, Results and Conclusion and should not exceed 400 words. In the review, case reports and the like, Öz; it should be short and one paragraph, and should not exceed 300 words in reviews and 250 words in case reports.
Keywords: A minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 should be written. Words should be separated by semicolons. Keywords should be submitted in accordance with Subject Medical Subject Headings (MESH) www. (www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/MBrowser.html).
Figures, Photographs, Tables and Graphics: It should be indicated at the end of the sentence where it is mentioned in the text, should not be placed in the text, and should be added to the end of the text after the references. Abbreviations used should be indicated in the description below. If previously printed figures, pictures, tables and graphics are used, written permission must be obtained and this permission should be stated in the description of figures, pictures, tables and graphics. The article should be passed by the authors for academic plagiarism prevention program. The picture / photo should be in jpeg and at least 300 dpi resolution.
Text Sections: The text samples to be sent for publication are as follows.
Editorial Comment / Discussion: It is the evaluation of the original research articles published by the expert other than the authors. It is published before the articles in the journal.
Research Article: Prospective-retrospective and all kinds of experimental studies can be published. Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion. Abstract (approximately 200-250 words; aim, material and method, findings and conclusion sections in English), Introduction, Material and Method, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgments, References.
Review: Can be prepared by invited authors or directly. It can be prepared to include the latest medical literature for any subject that has medical characteristics. Abstract (about 200-250 words, unpartitioned), titles, references.
Case Report: These are rare or different articles in diagnosis and treatment. It should be supported with sufficient number of photographs and diagrams. Abstract (about 100-150 words; no section; Introduction, Case report, Discussion, Conclusions.
Letter to the Editor: The articles that are published in the journal within the last year include a maximum of 500 words containing various opinions, experiences and questions of the readers. There are no Title and Abstract sections. The number of references is limited to 5. It should be indicated which article (number, date) is dedicated and at the end there should be the name, institution and address of the author. The answer to the letter is given by the editor or the author (s) of the article and published in the journal.
Education: Scientific articles supported by the latest clinical and laboratory applications that send messages to readers on current issues within the scope of the journal. Abstract (about 200-250 words; no section), related titles, references.
Book Evaluations: Evaluations of national or internationally accepted books of current value within the scope of the journal.
Ethical Responsibility / Rules:
The protocol of clinical research articles must be approved by the Ethics Committee. In all studies conducted on humans, the “Material and Method” section was approved by the relevant committee or the Helsinki Declaration of Principles (https://www.wma.net/what-we-do/medical-ethics/declaration-of-helsinki/). It should be stated in the text that all persons included in the study signed the am Informed Consent Form”. The articles submitted to the Kastamonu Medical Journal will be deemed to have been conducted in accordance with the Helsinki Declaration of Principles, and have received ethical and legal permissions and will not be held responsible. If the “Animal” item was used in the study, the authors stated that in the Materials and Methods section of the article, they protect the animal rights in their studies in accordance with the principles of Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals (www.nap.edu/catalog/5140.html) and that they have received approval from the ethics committees of their institutions. must specify. In case reports, Informed Consent an should be obtained from patients regardless of the identity of the patient. If the article includes the institution (directly or indirectly) providing financial support for the commercial connection or work, the authors; the commercial product used, the drug, the company has no commercial relationship with, or if there is any relationship (consultant, other agreements, etc.), the editor must inform the presentation page. If Ethics Committee Approval is required in the article; the received document should be sent with the article. The manuscript should be submitted to the Academic Plagiarism Prevention Program by the authors. It is the authors' responsibility to ensure that the article complies with the ethical rules.
Relationship between Financial Support and Interest:
At the end of the article, the persons and organizations that support the work, if any, and the relationships of interest of these organizations with the authors, if any, should be indicated. In the absence, “There is no person / organization that supports the study financially and the authors do not have any interest-based relationship”.
Acknowledgments: If available, it should be written before the references.
References should be written according to the order of arrival. If the number of authors in the source is 6 or less, all authors (surname and first name should be the first letter, the names of the authors should be separated by commas) should be specified; (‘’et al ”), the name of the article (only the first letter of the sentence and the first letter of the special names will be capitalized), short journal name, year, volume, short page number (15-8, not 15-18) and a space between the punctuation marks. The format used for the manuscript submission should be as specified in Index Medicus (www.icmje.org). The list of references should only include studies that have been published or accepted for publication or have a Doi number. Journal abbreviations should follow the style used in Cumulated Index Medicus (http://www2.bg.am.poznan.pl/czasopisma/medicus.php?lang=eng.). The number of references should be limited to 40 in research articles, 60 in reviews, 20 in case reports and 10 in letter to the editor. References should be given in parentheses at the end of the sentence just before the period. For example (4,5). The author (s) is responsible for the accuracy of the references. Importance should be given to the synthesis of domestic and foreign sources.
Figures and Table Titles
Titles should be written after the references. Each must be submitted as a separate image file (at least 300 dpi resolution, jpg).
After the article is accepted for publication, the first copy of the string will be sent to the responsible author by e-mail. In this text, only the spelling errors will be corrected and no additions or substitutions will be made. The responsible author will notify the editorial center by e-mail of the corrections within 2 days.
Reference Writing Examples
Excerpt from journals;
Cesur S, Aslan T, Hoca NT, Cimen F, Tarhan G, Cifci A. Clinical importance of serum neopterin level in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. Int J Mycobacteriol 2014; 3: 15-8 (not 15-18).
Excerpt from the book;
Tos M. Cartilage tympanoplasty. 1st ed. Stuttgart-New York: Georg Thieme Verlag; 2009.
Excerpt from the book, which is the only author and editor;
Neinstein LS. The office visit, interview techniques, and recommendations to parents. In: Neinstein LS (ed). Adolescent Health Care. A practical guide. 3rd ed. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins; 1996: 46-60.
Excerpt from the book with multiple authors and editors;
Schulz JE, Parran T Jr.: Principles of identification and intervention. In: Principles of Addicton Medicine, Graem AW. Shultz TK (eds). American Society of Addiction Medicine, 3rd ed. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins; 1998: 1-10.
If the editor is also the author of the chapter in the book;
Diener HC, Wilkinson M (editors). Drug-induced headache. In: Headache. First ed., New York: Springer-Verlag; 1988: 45-67.
Excerpt from PhD / Undergraduate Thesis;
Kilic C. General Health Survey: A Study of Reliability and Validity. phD Thesis, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Psychiatrics, Ankara; 1992.
Excerpt from an internet site;
Site name, URL address, author names, access date should be given in detail.
Giving a Doi number;
Joos S, Musselmann B, Szecsenyi J. Integration of complementary and alternative medicine into the family market in Germany: Result of National Survey. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011 (doi: 10.1093 / ecam / nep019).
For other reference styles,
see “ICMJE Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals: Sample References”.
Eder I hereby declare that all or part of the material in this study has not previously been published in any place and is not currently being evaluated elsewhere for publication. electronic submissions and all kinds of pre-declarations.
Authors should declare, if any, the roles of sponsors of the study:
1. Design of the study 2. Data collection, analysis and interpretation of the results 3. Writing the report
Checklist / Control List
The checklist must be complete.
What should be in the article;
-Editor to Presentation Page
- Title Page
• Ethical Status,
• Conflict of Interest ”
• Orcid numbers and author information should be on this page.
- Copyright Transfer Form
1. Presentation page to the Editor: It should be written by the responsible author addressed to the editor. Phone and E-mail must be added. The title, short name of the submitted article, mamış Unpublished previously, has not been sent to any journal for review and is the original work of the authors ”should include a Conflict of Interest Statement“.
2. Title page: Article titles / Short titles, Authors and Institutions, Corresponding Author's postal address and telephone, Orcid no (mandatory since 2019) and E-mail addresses of all authors. Special names and lowercase letters should be used in the title.
3. Main pages of the article: Article Titles / Short Titles, Abstract and Keywords, Article Text, References, Table and Figure Titles, Tables. This page will not contain author names or institution information.
4. Font: Titles should be “Times New Roman 12 and 12 pt, with 11 pt, double-spaced line spacing and 2.5 cm indentation in all areas.
5. Abstract: The abstract should begin with the title Abstract and include the sections “Introduction / Aim, Material and Method, Findings / Results, Conclusion..
6. Keywords should be added under the abstract in “Keywords, under İngilizce Abstract”. Keywords should be at least 3, at most 6 words / words, separated by commas, and should be MeSH-compliant.
7. Material and Method section should indicate the approval of the Ethics Committee (it is recommended to include the place, date, ethics committee number). In articles that do not require Ethics Committee Approval, it should be stated that the Approval / Permission of the Institution has been obtained (in order to avoid Conflict of Interest). Related documents should be sent on request. It should be noted that the author (s) is responsible for ethical problems.
8. Statistical terms (such as p, r, α) should not be used in the discussion.
9. “Financial Support / Conflict of Interest Status; should be stated before the bibliography and“ Acknowledgment ”should be written before the bibliography.
10. References Representation; should be as detailed in the spelling rules. Journal's number number “(2) içinde is not in bibliography. In articles with up to six authors, the names of all authors should be written (with the first letter of surname and first name), and for articles with seven or more authors, the first three authors should be cited as et al (et al.). The name of the manuscript should be in the form of sentence usage (except for special names and first letter). The journal should be given a short name. A space must be left between the punctuation marks after the journal name.
11. Tables, Graphs, Pictures and Figures should be placed under a separate title after the bibliography. Figures / Images (at least 300 dpi resolution, must be jpeg file) and Tables should be submitted as one or more separate files.
12. Copyright Transfer Form: Must be filled in the original language of the manuscript. It must be signed by all authors. In the absence of the signature of all authors, the Corresponding Author may take responsibility and sign on behalf of all authors.